Monday 1 October 2012

TV show 'Girls' is EPIC!!!


I love recently been watching this new drama/comedy sitcom by Lena Dunham. It was her idea and she writes it, produces and acts as the main character, Hannah. It has had me laughing at loud a number of times and has fast become my new favourite show, ahead of 'Sex and the City', 'Friends' and 'How I Met Your Mother' - all of which are also filmed in New York, as is 'Girls' - I think a pattern is forming with me.

While it is similar to 'Sex and the City' with the idea of having 4 different types of girls getting through life in the big apple, 'Girls' seems to be more realistic by showing the troubles people face e.g. paying rent, physical flaws e.g. Hannah's weight is a constant dilemma and the atypical relationships e.g. Hannah and Adam.

Plus the writing, the jokes and the acting is OFF THE CHAIN!!! It is the most believable, relatable and outstanding female show I have ever watched I think - big call, I know. Can't wait for next season!








I think the relationship between Adam and Hannah is super interesting. Two people who totally have NO idea what they are doing with themselves, where they are going and how they feel about each other. It is so good for Lena Dunham to capture this because this is the modern relationship - nothing is simple. Not many people meet each other, decide they like each other and boom they are boyfriend and girlfriend... The grey area in between being bf and gf and not knowing how they feel each other and not wanting to have the 'discussion' to take it to the next level is what we are all about these days.....

Adam, we see as a dick to begin with but later we realise that he actually likes her and maybe she was being the selfish one all along... It gives us some sort of hope that the boy that seems to not give a fuck actually does care and makes us analysis whether we are actually being a bitch and thinking only about ourselves... Well made me think that anyway. Still, boys suck.












I'm sure I will have a lot more to say about this show...



No comments:

Post a Comment